Tuesday, September 5, 2006

A nice long weekend

A three day weekend....I can not begin to describe the heavenly reprieve that was. Yes, I was sick and drugged a majority of the time but I couldn't help that I got sick. Instead I enjoyed the fact that I got to sleep, eat all the soup I wanted and by Monday I was actually functioning enough to enjoy the beautiful weather. Plus, the husband and I actually had a date night. We talked, ate real food, and just enjoyed each others company....then we got home and did some final World of Warcraft PvP action in Alterec Valley before I had to go to bed. He spent most of the time laughing at my obsessive compulsion to loot every twinkling corpse that littered the snowy grounds. I don't play offense. I don't play defense. I'm a garbage collector! I ride around and collect as much armor scraps, storm crystals, medals, etc. and turn them in before the turn in people are killed. I will charge into a group of horde just to loot a sparkly corpse! You will hear the phrase "That was my corpse to loot bitches...I killed him!" when I am in Alterec Valley. Sometimes I even get runecloth or a green item to disenchant, which pays those pesky repair costs.

 

However, now it's Tuesday and time to embark on another work week and I'm excited. I'm feeling 1000 times better than I did on Friday, my batteries have been renewed with sleep and good food, and I am looking foward to some future projects to work on.

I usually focus on living one day at a time, that way it's easier to roll with the punches and make it through the not so good days. Today however I don't have anything to worry about. I've got a good job, I've got a turkey sandwich I can't wait to eat for lunch, and a wonderful husband to look foward to seeing when I get home from work.....What more could a girl ask for!

 

Everyday is a gift, so I'm thankful for everything I have. I'm not going to sweat the little things. Instead I'm going to cherish my health, my family, my friends, and at the moment my financial security that allows me the freedom to waste $15 dollars a month on a video game. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but whatever it is I have no doubt I'll be ready for it. Right now, today, I'm greeting the world with a smile and a positive attitude....heck you never know, I might win the lottery or a new Jeep Rubicon sometime this week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment