I swear I'm not dead! Jillian's workouts/diet hasn't killed me. I think I have roughly 15 or so days left and then I'll retake my measurements and final weight. I think I actually need to go a little more than 30 days because I took quite a few days off the second week and my hormones were running rampant so not only did I not work out a few days I also decided to take a ride on the chocolate and icecream express and consumed vast quantities of sweets. I was out of control. Truly, it was a site to behold. I think I scared my husband.
Thankfully, I'm no longer sore from the workouts which mean that I managed to not only do the workouts but to also keep up with my marathon training schedule. I nailed my mileage last week as well as working out. This week (so far) has been going just as well and I'm actually excited about my 7 miler on Saturday...sick right? But trust me a nice, slow, easy 7 miler is a blessing compared to the 45 minute spirit crushing workout that Jillian's book offers up.
I consider myself to be in fairly decent shape, but let me tell you...I cannot do Jillian's workouts without stopping for some breathers between reps. Seriously my workout this morning went like this...**Note, I modify Jillian's workout as she has cardio sprinkled throughout the workouts and since I run before I do the workout I generally omit the jumping rope, step plyos, sprinting, etc.**
4 miles on the treadmill (it was 90 degrees outside at 4:30am so I'm stuck indoors)
10 pushups
Close-grip pushups till muscle failure (I think it took 6 till I feared a face plant)
10 each leg Cable Extensions
10 Dumbbell Presses (15lbs weights)
10 each leg Half-Crow pushups (20 total, I had to do 5, rest, 5, rest, 5, rest, 5)
10 jump squats
30 sec each leg warrior pose with tricep press (it was here that my arms did in fact fall off)
Dips till muscle failure (Again, it took roughly 6)
10 lunges with lateral shoulder raise (6lbs or 8lbs weights depending on availability)
10 pike pushups (Again, 5 rest, 5)
10 squats with military press (8lbs or 10lbs weights)
20 bench dips (10, rest 10)
50 bicycle crunches
40 plank twists (20, rest, 20)
15 captains chair crunches
30 sec boat pose (muscle shaking set in after roughly 15 seconds, but I managed the 30 without stopping...but oh how I wanted to)
10 pushups
Close-grip pushups till muscle failure (I think it took 6 till I feared a face plant)
10 each leg Cable Extensions
10 Dumbbell Presses (15lbs weights)
10 each leg Half-Crow pushups (20 total, I had to do 5, rest, 5, rest, 5, rest, 5)
10 jump squats
30 sec each leg warrior pose with tricep press (it was here that my arms did in fact fall off)
Dips till muscle failure (Again, it took roughly 6)
10 lunges with lateral shoulder raise (6lbs or 8lbs weights depending on availability)
10 pike pushups (Again, 5 rest, 5)
10 squats with military press (8lbs or 10lbs weights)
20 bench dips (10, rest 10)
50 bicycle crunches
40 plank twists (20, rest, 20)
15 captains chair crunches
30 sec boat pose (muscle shaking set in after roughly 15 seconds, but I managed the 30 without stopping...but oh how I wanted to)
Finally finished up with some stretching and then it was time to hit the showers....and I needed it. I smelled BAD! I made the comment to my husband about how bad my clothes smell and he answered with "I know, I do your laundry". Poor guy! I have unfortunately begun to notice that my technical fabrics that I run and workout in tend to trap smells and despite using oxyclean as well as detergent the smells are still present even after they've been washed. I'm wondering if there is anything else out there that might work. Hmmm....I'll have to investigate soon as I'm starting to gross myself out with my odor. :)
Oh and before I forget the food for the day...
Pre-workout
1 cup Rockstar - 100
1 slice bread - 80
1 tbsp Peanut Butter - 90
1 cup Rockstar - 100
1 slice bread - 80
1 tbsp Peanut Butter - 90
Breakfast
2 slices Ezekiel Raisian Bread - 160
2 slices Ezekiel Raisian Bread - 160
Snack
Oatmeal - 160
Oatmeal - 160
Lunch
Broccoli, Turkey, Cheese Lavash wrap - 220
Nectarine - 80
Broccoli, Turkey, Cheese Lavash wrap - 220
Nectarine - 80
Snack
Clif Z bar - 140
Clif Z bar - 140
Dinner
Breaded Cod fillet (Fancy Fish stick receipe from the book) - 210
1/2 cup lima beans - 105
Raspberry vinegarette salad with cashews - 160
Breaded Cod fillet (Fancy Fish stick receipe from the book) - 210
1/2 cup lima beans - 105
Raspberry vinegarette salad with cashews - 160
Total - 1505
No comments:
Post a Comment