Having a bad day? Completely by accident I have found the solution. It starts out with roller derby practice followed by watching an episode of Top Gear with a beer and some chocolate covered bananas and raspberries.....who knew right?
So this was the first practice with my new skates and I was a little nervous. I haven't broken in the leather so they were a little stiff, but other than some slight blistering on my right heel they were super amazing. I really like them. I'm still not sure about the toe stops though. I think I'd like to try something a little wider....we'll see. My skates are fast, faster than any pair of rental skates. My skills are not as good as my skates so I'm thinking I might eventually break something. Luckily this doesn't scare me. Mostly because I think I have a fairly high pain threshold. Besides a broken bone just lends to even greater derby cred....I'm hardcore like that. Hell I'll be honest I'm kind of looking forward to some bruises to show off. However, I only want cool bruises from contact with other players not ones where I accidently run into a wall because I'm still working on my stopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment