Why do so many adults forget what it's like to be a kid? Why do they stop doing some of the things that make childhood so great?
Tonight's events was yet another memory for me to add to my collection of many that allow me to look at and see just how perfect me and Ken are for each other. The story started out like this...
I was sitting in my cube at work, testing some reports on our test server, when I get an IM from Ken. "I want some icecream"...well this is not really new since the guy loves icecream. I asked him if he wanted me to take him to Dairy Queen or something after I got back from class tonight after work."Sure babydoll, it's up to you" ....he knows that I love icecream but well unlike him I don't have the metabolism of a 6'7 man. Shortly after I closed the IM window I had an idea. How about a Sundae Party, just the two of us? We'll go to the grocery store after my class and pick up all the toppings and icecream we might need. Where others might have looked at me and thought it was a stupid idea or at least not something an almost 24 year old woman should be doing...not Ken. He agreed and I had the rest of the day at work to think about all the fun we would have tonight. Icecream, chocolate, whipped cream...a cute guy waiting at home for me....*drool* what better fantasy to get you through the day!
Icecream for dinner...it's what we dream of as kids and as adults we can do all the things we've always wanted as children but were never allowed. So what's stopping us? The only person I can speak for is myself and I say absolutely nothing! I love icecream for dinner. I love going outside and playing in the rain or running through the sprinklers....I think about it everytime I'm on my lunch break at work and it's a 110+ degrees outside ;) I love to giggle for no reason and take bubble baths with rubber duckies. I love to color and I love playing with legos and playdough. I love making smores (and when you have an electric stove things get a little more inventive). I love watching saturday morning cartoons and I love that I can share all of this with my husband and he doesn't laugh at me or think I'm silly. He shares in my adventures and I know his life would be a lot more boring if I weren't in it.
So the point is this...don't stop doing the things you loved as a kid just because you're an adult. Having fun and laughing is what makes life more enjoyable....plus it makes aging a lot more entertaining. 
I couldn\'t agree more! Ken ur a lucky bastard u know that :P makes me wonder if Ennocence has a sister...o wait a tick, u do...she\'s not even close to u ;) while i myself am not a huge icecream fan, i can still appreciate it, eventhough over here they have some reallllly strange flavors....really strange. anyway keep up the childish thoughts/behaviors/actions, u have one on the other side of the world doin the exact same thing....cept people look at me funny...=\\
ReplyDeleteAgreed! Have fun -- enjoy life!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by.... yes, marriage is tough... but so worth it when you love who your with!
Take care
j