I had an amazing month of exercise and I couldn't be prouder of my mileage, but sadly all that working out had a net loss of 0 pounds and in actuality a gain of 2 pounds...which officially sucks. People who think that someone who trains as hard as I do should be able to eat whatever they want is a world class idiot and I'd like to punch them in the throat and then ask them to please take those two pounds and shove them up their butthole.
On the bright side my totals for the month of May are as follows...
Running - 165 miles
Cycling - 32 miles
Oh yes you read that correctly. I ran a total of 165 miles in the month of May. I'm super proud of that number. It translates to an average of roughly 40 miles a week, a great base. I'm hoping to keep upping that, but we'll have to see how my knee holds out. Right now I've skipped a 6 miler because of some lingering aches. However, today happens to be National Running Day and I can't let a day that celebrates my passion go by without putting a few miles in. So I'll be dragging my tired and bloated feeling self to the gym after work for some much needed exercise therapy. Kind of like retail therapy but way cheaper.
I'm in a funk...why? I have no idea. Perhaps seeing that 124 on the scale when 5 months ago it read 115 has something to do with it. I hate scales and I hate that my pants aren't fitting right. Time for some major changes on the dietary front, I'm just not sure what I'm going to do. I cannot physically train at my level and cut anymore calories. *Sigh* I don't know what the problem is...maybe I'm retaining water or gaining a shit ton of muscles (ha!).
Either way I refuse to let it dampen my spirits and I refuse to give into the funk by stuffing cookies in my face. Instead I'm going to see if a nice three mile run and 6 miles on the bike does the trick. If that doesn't work then I'm going to start working in some pool time and boy do I seriously hate swimming.
No comments:
Post a Comment